- You can’t fall into the tracks, which I guess never have done in a subway, but it seems super scary.
- It is basically like riding a really fun ride in Disney World, and by this I mean it is fairly bouncy and fun to sit in the middle accordion-like section.
- You can peruse the Internet the whole time and pin everything in sight.
- It is not covered in trash and urine. Huge plus.
- If it were to break down, I wouldn’t be stuck underground. Also never happened to me, but a major source of anxiety.
- It is a normal temperature. I know I have heat regulation issues, but the temperature differential between the world and the subway is absolutely not normal.
Many social networks of late trend towards aspirational. Meaning that what one’s life appears to be on Pinterest/Instagram tends to be more indicative of the person one would like to be than in reality. I would like to think I am a bit more balanced, but based on the fact that this past year was one of my most challenging (read:absolutelyunbearablyterrible) I would hope what was represented to my social networks was slightly more favorable than reality. Hence, I have decided to pull the highlights of 2012 + early 2013 in the form of a top 10 list. Introducing, 2012 via Instagram.
1. This wasn’t in the past year, but an adult trip to Disney World and the purchase of the pictured Minnie ears was one of the best decisions of my life. Sometimes acting 12 is the only way to survive early adulthood. (Late adulthood?? How old am I??!!? Slightly ambiguous…)